In this article, we’ll provide you with a simple set of step-by-step guides that help you to transfer your photos with Microsoft Windows built-in features. This article presents a brief overview of Windows built-in features and shows you how to use the Windows settings for you to transfer your photos easily.
Step-by-Step Guide to transfer photos with Windows built-in Feature
- Begin, by Connecting your digital camera to your PC using the USB cable that comes with the device.
- Once connected, the Windows will automatically (AutoPlay) open the Device Stage Window – (mentioning your digital camera information)
- Double-click the Import Pictures and Videos option available on the left-hand side of Device Stage Window.
- Then press, Import. The Device Stage Windows software will automatically detect how many images and videos are stored on the camera that is required to be imported to your PC/Laptop. The importing of photos will now begin.
- Once Import Complete. The software will open another window displaying all the pictures that have been imported.
- Optional: During Import the window will also provide you option to “Erase after importing”. Click to unchecked or check based on your personal preference. We prefer to keep it unchecked for now.
- Once the images have been successfully imported, the folder containing the pictures will automatically be opened. Verify that all the photos have been completely imported.
- Lastly, unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device.
This step by step process of transferring your photos from the camera will work for both Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
However, If you face any problem during the entire process of importing your photos with Windows Device Stage built-in feature, then we recommend you check the below link for Windows Device Stage to understand its features and to locate suitable drivers for your Connecting devices from Microsoft Website.
Reference: What is Device Stage?